A __converged__network is capable of delivering voice, video, text, and graphics over the same communication channels.
2. What type of network must a home user access in order to do online shopping?
a local area network
3. Match each characteristic to its corresponding Internet connectivity type. (Not all options are used.)
satellite -> Not suited for heavily wooded areas
dialup telephone -> typically has very low bandwidth
DSL -> high bandwidth connection that runs over telephone line
cable -> uses coaxial cable as a medium
4. Match the description to the form of network communication. (Not all options are used.)
Web pages that groups of people can edit and view together -> wiki
Interactive websites where people created and share user-generated content with friends and family -> Social media
real-time communication of between two or more people -> instant messaging
an audio-based medium that allows people to deliver their recordings to a wide audience -> podcast
5. Which device performs the function of determining the path that messages should take through internetworks?
a web server
a DSL modem
6. A user is implementing security on a small office network. Which two actions would provide the minimum security requirements for this network? (Choose two.)
implementing an intrusion detection system
implementing a firewall
installing a wireless network
installing antivirus software
adding a dedicated intrusion prevention device
7. Which two statements describe intermediary devices? (Choose two.)
Intermediary devices connect individual hosts to the network.
Intermediary devices generate data content.
Intermediary devices initiate the encapsulation process.
Intermediary devices direct the path of the data.
Intermediary devices alter data content.
8. Match the definition to the security goal. (Not all options are used.)
maintaining integrity -> the assurance that the information has not been altered during transmission
ensuring confidentiality -> only the intended recipients can access and read the data
ensuring availability -> the assurance of timely and reliable access to data
9. What is the Internet?
It provides connections through interconnected global networks.
It is a network based on Ethernet technology.
It is a private network for an organization with LAN and WAN connections.
It provides network access for mobile devices.
10. A company is contemplating whether to use a client/server or a peer-to-peer network. What are three characteristics of a peer-to-peer network? (Choose three.)
lacks centralized administration
easy to create
better device performance when acting as both client and server
less cost to implement
11. What two criteria are used to help select a network medium from various network media? (Choose two.)
the types of data that need to be prioritized
the distance the selected medium can successfully carry a signal
the number of intermediary devices installed in the network
the environment where the selected medium is to be installed
the cost of the end devices utilized in the network
12. Which statement describes a characteristic of cloud computing?
Devices can connect to the Internet through existing electrical wiring.
A business can connect directly to the Internet without the use of an ISP.
Investment in new infrastructure is required in order to access the cloud.
Applications can be accessed over the Internet by individual users or businesses using any device, anywhere in the world.
13. Which two connection options provide an always-on, high-bandwidth Internet connection to computers in a home office? (Choose two.)
14. Which expression accurately defines the term bandwidth?
a measure of the data carrying capacity of the media
a set of techniques to manage the utilization of network resources
a state where the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity
a method of limiting the impact of a hardware or software failure on the network
15. Which area of the network would a college IT staff most likely have to redesign as a direct result of many students bringing their own tablets and smartphones to school to access school resources?
16. Which term describes the state of a network when the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity?
17. A network administrator is implementing a policy that requires strong, complex passwords. Which data protection goal does this policy support?
18. What are two functions of end devices on a network? (Choose two.)
They provide the channel over which the network message travels.
They direct data over alternate paths in the event of link failures.
They originate the data that flows through the network.
They filter the flow of data to enhance security.
They are the interface between humans and the communication network.
19. What type of network traffic requires QoS?
20. What security violation would cause the most amount of damage to the life of a home user?
capturing of personal data that leads to identity theft
replication of worms and viruses in your computer
denial of service to your email server
spyware that leads to spam emails
21. Which statement describes the use of powerline networking technology?
New “smart” electrical cabling is used to extend an existing home LAN.
A device connects to an existing home LAN using an adapter and an existing electrical outlet.
Wireless access points use powerline adapters to distribute data through the home LAN.
A home LAN is installed without the use of physical cabling.
22. Fill in the blank.
The acronym __byod__ refers to the policy that allows employees to use their personal devices in the business office to access the network and other resources.
23. An employee at a branch office is creating a quote for a customer. In order to do this, the employee needs to access confidential pricing information from internal servers at the Head Office. What type of network would the employee access?
a local area network
24. Which two Internet connection options do not require that physical cables be run to the building? (Choose two.)