AuthorKatoDate5-May-2012, 8:15 AMAuthorKatoTime5-May-2012 8:15AM(Edited)Post link

Hello All. I am new to the forum and also have actually a question regarding the required subtitles in the Star Wars movies released on DVD in the mid 2000"s.

You are watching: Star wars episode 3 subtitles alien only

A few years ago I converted my home entertainment devices to Windows Media Center and also Xbox 360"s. At that time I started converting the thousands of DVD"s I"ve purchased over the years to single .mpeg files so I could watch them over Media Center. What I realized after a variety of conversions is that some movies that have actually subtitles for non-english speaking components are not encoded in the video itself however are component of the subtitle stream. So upon convariation I shed every one of these subtitles. The Star Wars movies that I have actually on DVD are all favor this.

I have actually currently determined just how to re-encode the movies utilizing Handbrake encoder and also to actually burn the subtitles in and also have actually done well through every one of the Star Wars films execept for Episode III and also Episode V.

The problem via III and V is that I can"t seem to determine which subtitle stream consists of the dialogue of the aliens. Partly because I can not remember where in these films that this happens.

What I"m hoping is help through "wbelow does this happen?"

Can anyone tell me roughly how much (or what scenes) in these movies does alien dialogue show up on display screen so I can test for the correct caption stream?

This would certainly be substantially appreciated as I don"t think this happens very much in these two movies. Compared to say Episode VI where it happens alot, particularly at the start of the film.

Cheers,

Kato

11 Replies

AuthorGaffer TapeTime5-May-2012 9:10AM(Edited)Post link

Yeah, the lack of burned-in subtitles is something that has actually pissed me off to no end, especially the tendency for the caption track subtitles to not also exist inside the frame yet instead inserted in the matte! Of all the stupid decisions Lucasfilm has made... this is one of them.

I can not sheight for Sith, as I haven"t seen it in a while, but the reason you can"t uncover any in Empire is bereason... tright here aren"t any! There isn"t a single alien subtitle in that movie, so speak your search, or you"ll simply drive yourself crazy. =P

Tright here is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is choose that warm girl in high school that you think you have actually a possibility via even though she is way out of your league bereason she is sweet and also not a stuck up bitch that pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out through some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl that always sits in the earlier of class; at that minute it dawns on you why she is never before watched hanging off the arm of any type of of the jocks… and also you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to sheight you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a man.

AuthorKatoTime5-May-2012 11:26AMMessage link

Gaffer Tape said:

Yeah, the lack of burned-in subtitles is something that has pissed me off to no end, particularly the tendency for the caption track subtitles to not even exist inside the structure but instead inserted in the matte! Of all the stupid decisions Lucasfilm has actually made... this is just one of them.

I can not soptimal for Sith, as I haven"t viewed it in a while, however the reason you can"t discover any in Realm is bereason... tright here aren"t any! Tright here isn"t a solitary alien inscription in that movie, so soptimal your search, or you"ll just drive yourself crazy. =P

Great, and also thanks .... will stop my search re: Episode V.

Now we must revolve our attention to Episode III. I intend I might always dig my DVD"s out of storage and watch that one off the of the DVD to watch.

Anyone know where the required subs are in Episode III?

Cheers,

Kato

Authorray_afraidTime6-May-2012 1:58PMArticle link

Kato said:

Anyone recognize wbelow the compelled subs are in Episode III?

No, yet I have the right to easily allude out the forced dialog. Does that help? ; )

Ray’s LoungeBiggs in ANH modify ideaROTJ opening modify idea

AuthorKatoTime6-May-2012 8:23PMBlog post link

Ah yes ..... "force" - "d" exceptionally funny.

AuthorKatoTime6-May-2012 8:26PM(Edited)Message link

125 views and we still haven"t solved the mystery yet.

I figured that I"d obtain my answer in minutes on a Star Wars forum.

I find this bizarre .... and also maybe abit disturbing.

AuthornoneTime6-May-2012 10:05PMBlog post link

There might not be any type of in Ep3. The alien characters which had them in the previously movies (Watto, Poggle) either do not make an appearance or have actually been lessened to non-speaking functions.

AuthorAkwat KbranaTime6-May-2012 10:08PMArticle link

Kato said:

125 views and also we still haven"t solved the mystery yet.

I figured that I"d obtain my answer in minutes on a Star Wars forum.

I discover this bizarre .... and possibly alittle bit disturbing.

Before acquiring also disturbed, store in mind that this is "brianowens.tv," not "prequeltrilogy.com." We"re a little more knowledgeable about one end of the saga than the various other, around below. ;)

Eexceptionally 27th customer will certainly gain a ball-peen hammer, free!

Authorcthulhu1138Time6-May-2012 10:49PMBlog post linkNeither TESB or ROTS have actually any alien languages subtitled.

"The just decision made right here this day was among cowardice. They’ve inserted the burden of this battle on the shoulders of one guy and also hence appointed a dictator. No hocolony male pines for supreme authority. All great guys recognize of their very own fallibility." -what Mace Windu need to have shelp in Episode II-

AuthorKatoTime7-May-2012 8:22PMPost link

Akwat Kbrana said:

Before gaining also disturbed, store in mind that this is "brianowens.tv," not "prequeltrilogy.com." We"re a little bit even more knowledgeable about one end of the saga than the various other, roughly below. ;)

Yes --- my apologies..that is incredibly true. Thanks for every one of your assist.

AuthorKatoTime7-May-2012 8:23PMArticle link

cthulhu1138 said:

Neither TESB or ROTS have actually any type of alien languages subtitled.

Excellent. Cheers.

AuthorbkuepperTime22-May-2017 2:15PMPost link

Alien just subtitles can be found here:

I think just Star Wars Episode’s I, II, IV, & VI have actually aliens speaking

I have actually had the finest luck through Plex on Apple TV for subtitles working via ease.