Introducing brianowens.tv+ 1500+ eTexts and study tools, all in one place. Subscriptions starting at $9.99/month.
K-12 educators: This link is for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal only. Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options.
Nutrition: An Applied Approach, Fourth Edition introduces non-majors to nutrition with an innovative, applied format that discourages rote memorization and promotes long-term understanding of the material. Building on students” natural interest in nutrition, the authors demonstrate in a clear, conversational style how key nutritional information relates to the students” personal health and nutrition, and show how to debunk commonly held misconceptions.
You are watching: Nutrition an applied approach 4th edition pdf free download
The applied approach is reflected in the functional organization of the micronutrient chapters, focusing on the vitamins and minerals and their primary functions within the body. The applied content is focused on key content areas: fluid and electrolyte balance, antioxidant function, bone health, and energy metabolism and blood health—topics of particular importance to instructors. Students can easily grasp this accessible conceptual framework for understanding the role nutrients play in their bodies and overall health.
The Fourth Edition features MasteringNutrition™, an online homework, assessment, and tutorial system that allows instructors to personalize the nutrition course like never before with next generation course management tools. Students master topics through interactive mini-lessons, quizzing, and immediate wrong-answer feedback.
MasteringNutrition is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain course concepts.
NEW! | Focus Figures are full-page features that teach students key concepts in nutrition and explore targeted and integrated topic areas through visual information displays that are bold, clear, and detailed.
Behavior Change…Getting Started
NEW | Behavior Change…Getting Started feature, included in applicable main chapters, provides a guide for students to gain awareness of their own nutrition and put better decisions into action.
Critical Thinking Questions
NEW! | Critical Thinking Questions are added to the Nutrition Debates in each main chapter, and to “Nutrition: Myth or Fact” features.
Dynamic Study Modules
NEW | Dynamic Study Modules improve the efficiency of studying, by improving students’ study methods and acquisition and retention of information, further enhancing test scores. Dynamic Study Modules encourage a constructive learning environment and ensures that students are better prepared.
1. Nutrition: Linking Food, Function, and Health In Depth: New Frontiers in Nutrition and Health
2. Designing a Healthful Diet In Depth: Eating Wisely
3. The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat? In Depth: Disorders Related to Specific Foods
4. Carbhohydrates: Plant-Derived Energy Nutrients In Depth: Diabetes
5. Fats: Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrients In Depth: Cardiovascular Disease
6. Proteins: Crucial Components of all Body Tissues In Depth: Vitamins and Minerals: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
7. Nutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance In Depth: Alcohol
8. Nutrients Involved in Antioxidant Function and Vision In Depth: Cancer
9. Nutrients Involved in Bone Health In Depth: Osteoporosis
10. Nutrients Involved in Energy Metabolism and Blood Health In Depth: Dietary Supplements: Necessity or Waste?
11. Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight In Depth: Disordered Eating
12. Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health In Depth: Do Active People Need Ergogenic Aids?
13. Food Safety and Technology: Impact on Consumers In Depth: Food Ethics: Sustainability, Equity, and the New Food Movement
14. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Pregancy and the First Year of Life In Depth: The Fetal Environment: A Lasting Impression
15. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Childhood to Late Adulthood In Depth: Searching for the Fountain of Youth
Like what you see?
Contact your brianowens.tv representative to see more or learn about Thompson/Manore, Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 4/e.
Developed by the nutrition database experts at ESHA Research, Inc., and tailored for use in college nutrition courses. MyDietAnalysis provides an accurate, reliable, and easy-to-use program for students” diet analysis needs. Featured is a database of nearly 20,000 foods and multiple reports. MyDietAnalysis is also available as a single sign-on to MasteringNutrition. NEW for Spring 2013! Online users have access to a new mobile website version of MyDietAnalysis. Students can track their diet and activity intake accurately—anytime and anywhere—from their mobile device.
Show resources for All Course ResourcesDiscipline ResourcesInstructor ResourcesOther Student ResourcesWebsites and online courses
Mastering Nutrition with MyDietAnalysis without brianowens.tv eText — Instant Access — for Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 4th Edition
Mastering Nutrition with MyDietAnalysis without brianowens.tv eText — Instant Access — for Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 4th Edition Thompson & Manore ©2015
Modified Mastering Nutrition with MyDietAnalysis with brianowens.tv eText — Instant Access — for Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 4th Edition
Modified Mastering Nutrition with MyDietAnalysis with brianowens.tv eText — Instant Access — for Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 4th Edition Thompson & Manore ©2015